The current rail road that runs parallel to CR 209S was essentially the same path the Jacksonville Tamp Key West (JTKW) Railroad took in 1888. Walkill and West Tocoi were both stops for Jacksonville Tampa Key West rail lines. Large land grants of adjacent lands were given to the railroad companies by the federal government as the rail lines were being built. Subsequently, the railroad companies sold many of these parcels of land to individuals and businesses.
Frank Thomas Williams (1901-1962) & Ellie B. Williams (1908-1992) owned 8,700 acres of of undeveloped, rural timberland and farmland in Putnam County and Clay County, Florida. Frank Williams leased the timber rights for most of this acreage to Hudson Pulp & Paper Co (now Georgia Pacific). After Frank Williams death, Ellie Williams donated some land to Clay County for a park (Williams Park). In turn (supposedly) the Clay County named the road leading to the park, Frank Williams Park Road (now Williams Park Rd). In 1975 Ellie Williams sold the land on Williams Park Road & Deer Island Road to Robert Browning of Spanish Bluff Developers of Jacksonville, Florida. Spanish Bluff Development successfully sold many of the lots to several individuals between 1976-1977, but by 1978 financial issues and Internal Revenue Service actions soon led to bankruptcy proceedings for Spanish Bluff Development. The unsold lots were soon taken over by the lender, Southeast Bank of Orange Park, Florida (eventually acquired by Well Fargo Bank).